Friday 30 December 2016

Year 2016 in Review

Bye Bye 2016

It's this time of the year again, the Internet is full of those "Year in Review" articles, so I thought why not be a bit mainstream and do one too!

As mentioned on a previous post, I'm on the cruise so my WiFi (even though it is thankfully there) is painfully slow.... And as there can be no good "Year in Review" article without pictures, I will forward the text to Geo and he will add the pictures :3 so this one will be written in collaboration!

Okay so let's think back to the beginning of the year 2016 (병신년)
We began the year in different parts of the planet, Geo in Vietnam and me in New Zealand with my family. We constantly kept up to date though so that was nice ^~^

Bad picture, but this was our New Year's gift to each other.
A LEGO Mini - it was super fun to build together,
and something we probably wont be able to afford again in a while..
Our first big event was our 1 year Anniversary~~
We went to a Brazilian all-you-can-eat restaurant, which was really good and then a late night movie (Backtrack), that scared us early to death because we didn't expect it to be a horror movie....

A photo box with memories ofthe year from me to him...  
... and a whole army of 365 origami cranes from Geo <3 










Then comes Valentine's Day, my birthday and Geo's birthday. They were all amazing and I will spare you the cheesy details ;) I guess the only thin to add is that this was all during the last months of our senior year in high school, so unfortunately Geo's birthday was a bit chaotic because of Mock exams (and maybe my melted jello cake, curse you Vietnamese heat), but we still enjoyed it at the end.


Then follows our graduation in May, that was an important step in our lives and a cool experience. 
And mostly probably just happy school was over...
However, then came probably one of the best time of the year, our trip to Korea. It was such a cool experience to travel together and for me to explore the Korean culture and try so many new dishes (I love food remember? Plus this is when my slight addiction to Korean food started....XD)



Then summer came  and Geo went to Korea again while I stayed in Vietnam doing an internship. This was quite a scary time because we didn't know if Geo would to a Korean university or join me in the Uk and that is quite the difference in distance. 
However, after loads and loads of stress, October came and Geo came to the UK. He landed in Manchester Airport so I picked him up there. It was so soothing to be reunited again and to know that we are just one hour away.

With that uni life started, our weekends together and soon after our blog and well, you know the story after that. 

It was a great year event packed year, so much that it seems like it was last 2 instead of one. But in the end everything has found its way and it's all good now. (except for maybe 2017 commencing with our semester exams...but shhh that's next year us's problem)
-KK

No comments:

Post a Comment