Sunday 20 November 2016

Bonfire Night

04.11.16

So, time for the first memory. Many pop to mind, but as my not so deeply lingering laziness is exposed I will stick with the more easily available pictures, hence ones of the more recent events. On one of my weekends in Leeds, to be exact on Friday the 4th of November 2016 Geo and I went to see the bonfire and fireworks in celebration of the UK Bonfire Night. Linked to some weird historical occurrences that even after multiple explanation events from Geo and Wikipedia I don't understand, the main point of the night is to watch a huge bonfire which is followed by some less impressive, but still very pretty fireworks. And when I say huge, I mean HUGE. By approximately stacking peoples silhouettes in my mind I would assume the fire to be around 10 meters high, which if you think about it is a 3 story house.  Being used to ordinary scouting bonfires of no more than 2 meters high, I was immensely impressed, and I think Geo was too as he seemed to be happy that we dragged ourselves out of the room into the cold evening.

-KK


Lighten by the bonfire
 (No my eyes aren't actually red)

The uneven border at the bottom of the
fire are actually shadows from people's heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment